The rides are usually 20, 40 or 60 miles and range in level from Beginners (avg. 16 mph) to advanced (avg. 20mph). This rides are set a week in advance and are usually in the morning at 6 or 6’30am, afternoon at 6pm, or Sundays at 8am. All the rides require RSVP, by sending an email to Ruben@bikety.com. If you want to get information about the dates of the rides please check periodically in this page or sign up for the Social Rides Updates List and we will send you reminders on when our next rides are.
The etiquette for the rides is:
- Be there 5 minutes before the start. We leave at the established time on the dot. If you are late, try to catch us.
- Beginner rides have a consistent pace of 16 mph, Intermediate 18mph and Advanced 20mph (or higher depending on the group).
- The group Leader will keep that pace but if anybody wants to go faster or slower they can go ahead or stay behind and regroup later.
- The group leader will provide tips on how to ride in a group, drafting, and fixing issues (like flat tires)
- Al the rides start at Ohio St Beach water fountain
- The 20 mile rides go south to the end of the bike path and back and last 1h 15-20’
- The 40 mile rides go south to Wolf Lake and back and last 2 hrs- 2h10’
- The 60 mile rides go north towards Highland Park.
- Helmet is mandatory
- Any bikes are fine for the beginner rides, but Road Bikes are encouraged for intermediate and Advanced groups
- Tuesday Aug 7th 6’30am Beginner, 20 miles (back at 7’45am)
- Wednesday Aug 8th 6’30am Advanced 27 miles (back at 7’55am)
Please RSVP at Ruben@bikety.com if you plan on coming.